Interview Questions to find your Front Desk Dream Team
I think that having clever interview questions can really help you find a great person for your front desk team!
- What motivates you?
- People are motivated by all kinds of things: money, flexibility, and maybe even chocolate! Wouldn’t it make sense to figure out what motivates them and then make sure that we’re hiring them to a position that can keep them motivated?
- What would make you love coming to work here everyday?
- That is such a good question, even for ourselves!
- What excites you most about this opportunity?
- What is something that you gained from another job that you feel will help you succeed in this position?
- What does customer service mean to you?
- If a customer came to you with a complaint, how would you handle that situation?
- What are some qualities about you that you feel would compliment our salon team and our brand?
- Pretend I’m a salon guest, tell me three of your favorite products and WHY you love them!
- Now here’s something about that question. They’re probably not using the brand you sell – that’s okay! They might not even be using professional brands. But that’s not what we’re looking for! What we’re looking for with this question is to see them light up about products that they use in their hair or as an eyeshadow or lipstick. We want to see how willing they are to talk about those things and we want to see a smile on their face!
At the end of the day, we can teach them about our products! What we can’t teach them is, willingness and charisma!
Those are some of our favorite interview questions!
Did you know that subscribers of this weekly blog not only receive it directly to their inbox every week but they also receive EXCLUSIVE OFFERS on our products/workshops/seminars!
What are you waiting for? Subscribe now:
Once you hire them, don’t forget to give him/her a name badge!
Enhance your professional image with a personalized name tag for each front desk professional on your team!
We love the title GUEST EXPERIENCE EXPERT rather than “receptionist”, it really shares a message with your salon guest that our purpose is to provide a great experience. It’s also a mini mission statement each time your front desk snaps on this magnetic name badge!
Simply use your label machine to print out the name, stick in the designated area and you have an instant customized name badge. (Labeling machines can be purchased from your local office store).
What do you think?
The Associate Program
Learn the secrets to increasing your salon sales by $10,000 to $12,000 by becoming an educator!
- “Grow Your Own” salon service providers.
- Solve your salon recruitment and hiring issues once and for all.
- Create opportunities for top stylists to become salon leaders and educators in your business.
- Implement a step-by-step program that takes a brand new stylist to top performance in weeks!