HIRE BETTER: Your Front Desk
TIPS FOR MORE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
One of the top challenges salon owners have with the front desk is hiring great, qualified people for the front desk. We run into challenges when we aren’t clear on what we’re HIRING TO.
Imagine, your front desk is equal parts: Customer Service & Sales.
When we do both of those beautifully, your customers will never feel sold to.
1) Change the Mindset.
- Hiring to customer service/sales position.
- This means we are NOT hiring receptionists. Receptionists are not often sales minded. So we could be hiring incorrectly just based on the job title.
- My favorite title for the front desk is GUEST SERVICE EXPERT. An expert in customer care and in the services that we do. When we list that title in the ad, we can hire better qualified people.
Did you know that subscribers of this weekly blog not only receive it directly to their inbox every week but they also receive EXCLUSIVE OFFERS on our products/workshops/seminars!
What are you waiting for? Subscribe now:
2) Get Strategic with your AD
- “Front Desk Sales Support”
- We want to thin out the applicants and only attract sales minded people.
- Here is an example:
Title: GUEST SERVICE EXPERT (not Receptionist)
FRONT DESK SALES SUPPORT STAFF
For multi-service salon and spa. Must enjoy and excel at sales offerings, and have charismatic personality. Full time position available for career minded person.
This position is responsible for providing a great first and last impression in customer care, offering salon guests additional service opportunities, as well as assisting guests in understanding our products, specials, and company programs, while following all company policies and procedures.
When you follow these steps of having a sales mindset and placing strategic ADs this will help you go leaps and bounds to find more qualified, wonderful, sales willing people at your front desk!
If you like that! You’ll love our NEW E-LEARNING SERIES
What do you think? What has helped you hire qualified professionals at YOUR front desk?
The Associate Program
Learn the secrets to increasing your salon sales by $10,000 to $12,000 by becoming an educator!
- “Grow Your Own” salon service providers.
- Solve your salon recruitment and hiring issues once and for all.
- Create opportunities for top stylists to become salon leaders and educators in your business.
- Implement a step-by-step program that takes a brand new stylist to top performance in weeks!