4 Types of Hairstylists
Each salon company is made up of a mix of stylists with different goals, motivations and dreams for their life.
Understanding these roles can not only help you make better hiring decisions within your company – but they can also show you who in your company is ready to reach that next level and grow the next generation.
- Really great at doing hair.
- Has no desire to make this his/her ultimate career.
- “I’m really into the art, but I have no true concern about money because I don’t really need it.” (Maybe still living at home).
- Someone who is perfectly content to punch in and punch out and earn a decent living behind the chair.
- The people who really aspire to do more and reach their full potential.
- All about themselves – planning, tracking and wanting to level jump.
- Future oriented – interested in what is available next for them. Always looking for opportunities.
- More interested in teaching others how to go through the stages that you’ve been through.
- You walk into the salon and you cannot help but help people.
- Understand what you are passing on.
- No bad days.
- No discounting.
- Wealth Mentality vs Poverty Mentality
- You know who your demographic is.
- If you have someone in your chair who is not comfortable paying your price or allowing your Associate to work on them, you are happy to pass them on so they can continue to have a positive experience.
- Your Associate is your number one guest.
- You give each Associate the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
To find even more information about these types and how to empower the Vocational Leader Stylists in your company to earn more money by training the next generation – check out The Associate Program.
The Associate Program
Learn the secrets to increasing your salon sales by $10,000 to $12,000 by becoming an educator!
- “Grow Your Own” salon service providers.
- Solve your salon recruitment and hiring issues once and for all.
- Create opportunities for top stylists to become salon leaders and educators in your business.
- Implement a step-by-step program that takes a brand new stylist to top performance in weeks!